Conwy Tourism reopening to be a last-minute decision, says Mark Drakeford

  Posted: 19.03.21 at 16:18 by The Editor

us on Facebook

  See our new Community section



Tourists hoping to return to Conwy won’t know if they can travel for Easter until the last moment, says the First Minister Mark Drakeford.

While self-contained accommodation could be allowed to reopen on March 27, the Welsh Government won’t make an early decision.

In his Friday COVID briefing today, Mr Drakeford said: "There are some parts of Wales where the position is not as good as we would like it to be.

"People who follow the news will have seen overnight Paris has gone back into a lockdown again, so we've known all along how fast circumstances can change in coronavirus.

"That's why it's important to wait until the last moment you can in order to make these decisions because that way you have the best and latest data."

Like this article? Sign up to our weekly newsletter...
The number of young people in Conwy claiming Universal Credit has more than doubled in the last year. The county has experienced a 108% rise in 18-...
Read more...

Upcoming Conwy Event...

Aladdin panto

Back by popular demand - Llandudno favourite John Evans! With over 30,000 theatergoers attending pantomime at Llandudno each festive season, it&rsq...



Event

Share: